The Kingmakers are Ottawa Canada's original ice-cold rockabilly combo! They play a high-octane mix of rockabilly, jump jive, hillbilly boogie and good old rock and roll which appeals to all ages and is guaranteed to get your toes tapping. The band recorded at legendary SUN Studio - the birthplace of rock and roll in Memphis Tennessee, as well as Cowboy Jack Clement's studio in Nashville, and have released 3 albums in 3 years!
Recent & Upcoming Gigs and Events :
• Jan. 18 - National Arts Centre (Private Event)
• March 22 - Kaffe 870, Wakefield
• April 18 - Zaphod Beeblebrox with The Living Deads (Denver, CO)
• May 10 - Irene's Pub with Dang Guilty
• June 5/6 - recording our new album at HiStyle Studio in Chicago!
The Kingmakers "Well Well Michelle" to appear in season 8 episode 3 of Roadtrip Nation on PBS in the US!
- review in Blue Suede News says " The band sound at the top of their game, well rehearsed, and ready to rock." Read more
- Country Music People magazine (UK) says The Kingmakers are "Swingin' country/rockabilly pulled off with aplomb
- Feb. 2011 - rockabilly-online.com says the CD is "a must" - Read
- review in CMDS Magazine (Scotland) says "your feet won't stop tapping" Read More
- nominated for best album of 2010 in Ottawa Xpress - vote here!
- September 2010 - CD Release Sept. 10! Lots of radio and TV coverage so far, check out the Press page!
- August 2010 - 3 free downloads and purchase of our first 2 albums in a variety of formats now available here!
- June 2010 - The Kingmakers just travelled to Nashville TN and recorded at Cowboy Jack Clement's studio. Legendary rockabilly drummer JM van Eaton (Jerry Lee Lewis, Billy RIley) played on 3 tracks, and just-as-legendary singers The Jordanaires (Elvis Presley and lots more) sang on 2 tunes! Finishing touches are now being put on the album for its September release!
- May 2010 - The Kingmakers are heading to Nashville to record their 3rd album. They will be recording at the legendary Cowboy Jack Clement's Recording Arms and Spa. And SUN Records drummer JM van Eaton may be involved! Details to follow...
- April 1, 2010 - The Kingmakers play WestFest media launch, and will be playing the 2010 festival - check out the amazing lineup!
- March 2010 - The Kingmakers welcome new drummer Ian Cook to the fold. Ian is a veteran of many Ottawa bands and one of Ottawa's biggest rockabilly fans. We're looking forward to recording our 3rd album with Ian on the traps!
- Tupelo To Memphis #17 on the national roots/blues/folk chart!
|Debut CD "Live at SUN Studio", 2nd CD "Tupelo To Memphis" and 3rd CD "Last Night In Nashville" all available to listen and purchase on our music page and at gigs.